QUILTING | 3 Great Ways to Hang Your Finished Quilts


A few weeks ago, I was researching some interesting ways to finish smaller quilts. I found some great ideas that I want to summarize for you here.
1) Fabric Art Mounted onto a Painting Panel w/ Velcro dots
(from Melody Johnson)


Melody recommends getting them at Cheap Jo's.
Here are the cradled painting panels. I found them here.


2) Using Dowels for Small Quilts
Website Article: How I Like to Hang My Quilts » Robin Ferrier – Art Quilts
(http://www.simplyrobin.com/2010/10/21/how-i-like-to-hang-my-quilts/)

Robin clearly illustrates how she hangs her smaller wall art quilts with dowels. This is a great idea because dowels are cheap and can be purchased by the bunch. I don't think it would work on large, heavy quilts because the dowels would sag in the middle.


3) Professionally Hanging Quilts - Amy A La Mode's Website

Amy presents a great tutorial on how the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles hangs their quilts. This technique is great for large and small quilts and does not show the hanging piece when you look at the quilt on the wall. All that is needed is wooden slats with eye hooks attached on either side.


References

Melody Johnson website - www.melodyjohnson.com

Robin Ferrier website - www.simplyrobin.com

Amy a la Mode - www.amyalamode.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...