SUMMER STUDIO (Knitting 101) | Learning to Purl (Part 3)


Okay, so it's been a few weeks since my last post on learning to knit. I set out to learn a few things about knitting for this summer. I'm really enjoying this art form. Mainly because it is relaxing and keeps me from eating at night. 

In this post, I summarize learning the purl stitch.


General comments.

Once I learned the knit stitch, the purl stitch was a bit easier to master. This was mainly because it just involved taking the stitch by looping in the second needle in through the front of each stitch loop. I think that this is actually a lot easier! I picked up the purl stitch much quicker by using the WikiHow site.

I found a GREAT resource which clearly explains the purl stitch. It also gives a link to a YouTube video on this stitch. The page is HERE.

Here is my first row with the purl stitch on my stick.

Here is the same stitch flipped over.


I caught on so easily to it that I created a few more rows with the purl stitch.


This is only about 5 rows. As a former crocheter, the purl stitch reminds me of the double crochet stitch. It is a great stitch to use for projects because the project can be finished quicker.

I love "purling" so much that I've decided to work on a few scarves for Christmas presents for my mom and mom-in-law. Every other year, I hand-make holiday gifts and so this is the year :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...