SUMMER STUDIO (Knitting 101) | My Skinny Scarves (Part 4)


For the past few weeks, I've been posting on my experience of learning how to knit.  So far, I've learned to do a knit stitch and the purl stitch. I like the purl stitch so much that I wanted to make a few scarves for my mom and mom-in-law.  Although there are tons of websites out there, many do not work for me because I am a REAL beginner to knitting and that I'm a leftie. Although, there are MANY of the videos out there, I've found some sites online to help me in my journey.

Here's where I am now:

Making Skinny Scarves
Once I learned the purl stitch, I decided to make skinny scarves using just the purl stitch. I'm making three scarves - (1) for my mom, (1) for my mom-in-law and (1) for me. For each scarf, I casted on 25 stitches to three different needle sizes. (list needle sizes)


Here are some pictures of the FIRST scarf in progress. 



For the red scarf, I'm using a 7.0 mm bamboo knitting needles. My length of each color (about 5 rows) is 1 7/8 inches.  I'm not sure how many rows I have yet. So I'm estimating that I am about 60% done.




Here's the SECOND scarf in progress. 




The blue multi-colored scarf is on my 6.5 mm bamboo needles. The length of each color (about 5 rows) is about 1 15/16 inches. I am only about 50% done on this one.

Here's the THIRD scarf in progress. 




For my brown scarf, I decided to try larger 8.0 mm bamboo needles. The length of each color (about 5 rows) is about 2 inches.  I have a lot more to go on this one. It's more like 40% done. The colors in it are just amazing. This one is really lovely. Take a look at this picture:




More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...