PHOTOSHOP | Creative Brushstrokes from Found Patterns


I love observing patterns around the house. I noticed this one of the sunlight on my studio window. When I turned it horizontally, I noticed the "squiggly lines" that are seen in many designs.
I took the left side of the image into Photoshop Elements. I chose a small brush from the calligraphy brush set.  The calligraphy brushes have a hard edge and the brushstrokes can be created with a thin, angled edge that goes into a wide one.



So, I created some brushstrokes by tracing the shapes from the light on the blinds.




I then copied the layer with the brushstrokes onto (3) other layers. Hmm...I see flowers coming out of this.




I flipped the rightmost layer horizontally to get this.




I flipped the second layer horizontally so that it faces the third layer. 




I noticed that they formed a nice flower. Here is what I got.






I then merged the two layers that formed the flower. I then used the Hue-Saturation layer in Photoshop to change the color to a complimentary golden color. I removed the original layer and added a layer in white. Here's what I got.




After copying the layers and positioning them to form a repeat pattern, here's what I get. This is just a basic blueprint...there are so many things you could do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...