PHOTOSHOP | Digitizing Weaved Textures






While taking a break from creating my 2016 digital collection of surface designs, I've been playing around with digitizing weaved textures in Photoshop. This weave is from a "cardboard" loom that I made. I weaved purple, green, and aqua blue yarns together to get an attractive weave pattern.  (Please check out the yarns at the bottom of this post.)







For this image, I used the glowing edges filter in Photoshop. This will find the edges (or lines) in the image and put a yellowish halo around them.






Here I replaced the yellowish color with white. Then, I increased the contrast in the image to give more of a difference between the black and white colors in the image.





Hmmm...nice pattern!

After increasing the size of my canvas to 200% horizontally, I duplicated the image onto another layer. Then, I flipped the layer horizontally. This gave me a mirrored pattern of the original. Here's what I get.







I decided to make a full canvas by copying the image vertically. To do this, I increase the canvas by 200% for the height. Then, I duplicated the image to another layer. To make the mirror image, I flipped the layer vertically. Like before, this gives me a mirrored pattern for the bottom of the image. Here's what I get. Cute!






Here's the same pattern in red. I used the Image-Hue-Saturation feature in Photoshop to get this.



Yarns used to make the weave.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...