DESIGN | INSPIRATION: The MOMA

Back in the days when I was a photography student in New York, I was honored and privileged to take photos of the Metropolitan Museum of Art or MOMA. The front lobby is by far one of the most exquisitely designed I've ever experienced. For some reason, I've always felt most at peace in The Met. The architectural design of this place truly moves my spirit.


It was my intent to capture the beautiful, delicate curves of the main lobby as you enter and work your way up the main stairways. This particular morning, the museum was closed to all visitors so my small class of avid photographers was able to wander around in pure wonderment. I subsequently enhanced this photo with my Photoshop software to add texture and yellowish tinting to give the photo a more antique feel.

The exquisiteness of the curves in this photo remain alive in my fondest memories as I think about that experience and how it continues to influence my fabric art. I'm involved in a love affair with curves – long, soft, shapely; any which way I can create, find and honor them. Take a look at some of my quilts that have been influenced.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...