QUILTING | Making Doodle Quilts

I've been really doodling a lot lately.  Webster's dictionary defines doodle as a "scribble, sketch, or design on paper often while thinking about something else".

In any given afternoon, I can probably doodle up to eight 5 x 7 drawings. They are fun and easy to do. I use my Strathmore sketchbook
to draw out a repetitive set of curves and shapes.


I made a quilt from the doodling drawing above. I used templates of the curves to cut the fabric. I then fused the fabric using my Pellon interfacing which is sticky on one side.


This gave me a layer of interfacing with the design on the top. The beauty of this approach is that you create a layer of thin fabric that can then be place on top of batting and quilted.

Meet Candyland. For this piece, I choose to only satin stitch with multiple contrasting colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...