DRAWING ON FABRIC | Somewhere


Somewhere

Meet "Somewhere". It's one of my abstract, semi-representational drawings on fabric with Derwent Inktense colored pencils and ink blocks.  Somewhere is one of the first paintings that I began connecting to my many journal sketches. Somewhere is an image that came to me in my dreams about flying over the land that I live. In it, I fly free over the land in the my imagination represented by the sky.

Notes
Somewhere is on a 16 x 20 inch piece of treated cotton fabric. I treated the fabric with a combo of 2:1 parts water and textile medium. This helps the dyes bond to the fabric.

For the sky, I applied the ink blocks in navy, purple and cobalt onto wet fabric and then painted it with a flat angle paintbrush. The ground is sun yellow with a little mustard applied over it. The ink block daubs are poppy red, chili red and baked earth.

Check out the Derwent products in the Fabric Painting section of my store, HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...