DRAWING ON FABRIC | Rainy Day Blues



Copyright © Angela Heath

Meet "Rainy Day Blues". Here's another one my drawings on fabric (I call these fabric paintings) with Derwent colored pencils and ink blocks.  Rainy Day Blues was an improvisational piece done on guess what? A rainy day. I just looked outside of my window and saw grey and blue. I guess the flecks of yellow coming through were my hopes of a little bit of sun.

Notes
Rainy Day Blues is on a 16 x 20 inch piece of treated cotton fabric. I treated the fabric with a combo of 2:1 parts water and textile medium. This helps the dyes bond to the fabric. The colors used in this piece are bright blue, deep indigo, sea blue, sherbet lemon, ink black.

Check out the Derwent products at my store, HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...