FRIDAY PHOTO: Reign of Fire Art Quilt






I like to rotate my art quilts in my studio office for weeks at a time.
They inspire me to keep going on and also challenge me to design in new ways.
This quilt is called Reign of Fire and was completed in 2010.



It is actually four separated quilted panels of cut Batik fabric fused on white cotton fabric.
When I see the crisp white background of this quilt, I feel the cool, airiness of the piece. I also love the way the white space inside of each block forms an image that the eye fixates on. I didn’t really plan this at first when creating the piece. It was more of a pleasant afterthought. Each block contains the hand-dyed fabric, which is vibrant and juxtaposed with contrast stripes, hence the name “Reign of Fire”.


Reign of Fire was the last show quilt that I made before taking a four-year hiatus. It showed in Charlotte, NC and in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...