BOOK | Acrylic Illuminations by Nancy Reyner





Acrylic Illuminations: Reflective and Luminous Acrylic  Painting Techniques
by Nancy Reyner

I just picked up this book by Nancy Reyner (visual artist) this past weekend. It is a great read on acrylic painting techniques. I thought that this book presented some interesting techniques on pouring, metallic effects, and creating optical and luminous effects.


It has great tutorial sections on using colors, pigments, and acrylic binders such as mediums, gels and pastes. One of my favorite features of this book is that each technique presented has attractive examples of the technique.

For me the bottom line is that I LOVE this book and have included it in my library of art books. Personally, I really enjoyed the glazing, metallic and reflective techniques and will experiment with these.

Be sure to check out Nancy's website which contains some video demonstrations of her techniques, HERE.

Also, check out Nancy's other books:



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for 

WordPress, Blogger...